If you’re a retail buyer heading to FN Platform next week in Las Vegas, you’ll have the chance to meet with footwear brand representatives from all over the world to learn about their products and determine if they’re right for your store.
Like many RICS employees, VP of Retail Performance, Amber Vanes, has a background in the retail industry. As a buyer at Finish Line, she attended the show for years, learning about new product, meeting with brand representatives, and buying footwear for upcoming seasons.
She shares her top tips for retail buyers attending FN Platform this year:
- Be prepared. Arm yourself with the right retail data that will help guide your meetings and buying decisions.
- Make a schedule. Set up brand meetings ahead of time and send necessary retail reports in advance to ensure your meeting are efficient.
- Get oriented. Map out the FN Platform show floor plan and familiarize yourself with the exhibitor booths you want to visit before you arrive.
- Be curious. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about new brands, meet new faces, and network with fellow retailers.
- Be smart. It’s a big show with long days. Wear comfortable shoes and make sure you have what you need to stay energized.